Saturday 7 July 2012

Time to find the Ark?!

I am not sure I have ever seen a red warning for rain in the South West, but parts of Devon and Cornwall have been on full alert this weekend in preparation for potential heavy rain and likely flooding.

The river Chew, a good 5 feet up on it usual level

Here in Somerset we certainly haven't escaped the rain, and the rivers are belting through, high and very coloured. The smal,l pretty trout streams we are used too have been raging torrents for much of June and it seems July's going much the same way.

Some video of the river today - my quaint trout stream!

James and Linsey were joining me today to learn some fly casting and perhaps find some willing trout. Due to the rain, we were forced to find refuge on a near by stillwater. 
Learning the roll cast
Linsey gets to grips with the overhead cast in less then ideal wind conditions
Synchronised casting!

Whilst the rain poured down steadily, we were graced with the odd reprise from a soaking ~ but my hats off to them both for there perserverance under less then ideal conditions. Well done!

Fingers crossed we have some drier weather over the coming weeks before we are washed off the rivers again. Watch this space!

~Dave

4 comments:

cofisher said...

Hi Dave. I'm really enjoying your blog, especially the flies. While I'm reading, we are currently under severe storm and flood warnings. We can use the rain, but I'd like to pass on the flooding.

Bill Trussell said...

Dave
Fun for all, looks like some nice looking streams, it is a shame they have to flood.

Bill Trussell said...

Dave
Fun for all, looks like some nice looking streams, it is a shame they have to flood.

Buniyad Real Estate Services said...

I like your update. I want to submit real estate 3c project information with the help of your blog click hear : 3c greenopolis